A “scientific day on digital simulation environments and the contributions to higher education” has been organized by the French Ministry of Higher Education and Research (http://esn2021.fr/fr). During this event, Anne-Line Perriollat and her colleagues presented their use of LabNbook + Genially to organize practicals in distance conditions. The proposition has been popular with students and teachers, and there are certainly some great ideas to keep in mind, even if viruses let our students come to the campus.
This update is not a big one, but we better inform you that the dashboards for monitoring your students have slightly evolved:
- the co-writing score is now between 0 and infinite (it was between 1 and infinite)
- we use medians and not averages for calculating the scores of the class or mission
- the alert colors have changed: if you want to know their signification, you can place your cursor over a score to get an info bubble detailing the calculation of the alert color.
This year, the “Rencontres LabNbook” gathered about 2/3 of distance participation and 1/3 of presence participation. This bimodal organization seems to be appreciated by the participants. For our part, we conclude that distance communication is convenient but that presence communication is convivial!
The slides in french used during the afternoon:
These last 10 months, many innovations have been added to LabNbook. The most important are:
- The translation in English language.
- A new role of « manager » that enables the manager to add teachers in LabNbook and to manage teams of teachers. Anyone interested by this new role should make a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A new restoration module that enables students to restore any version of their LabDocs.
- The drawing tool with new science images libraries: electricity, fluids mechanics, optics, chemistry glassware, and soon chemical engineering. If other libraries are needed, it is possible if you provide images in the SVG format.
- A new version of the equations’ editor EpsilonWriter, with better LaTeX support.
You can find more details on the new functions on the changelog page.
If it’s possible, the « Rencontres LabNbook » should be held in a co-modal organization. The presence conferences will be situated on the Grenoble Campus, and will be transmitted online. Locations and Zoom links will be communicated after your registration.