2021-23 – “Stratégie d’Attractivité Durable” programme of the Brittany Region, co-financed by the “Aide aux Programmes de Recherche Emergents” of the Finistère Departmental Council
A post-doc is hired for 24 months to design and evaluate a Learning Analytics Dashboard for group work tutoring in LabNbook.
2020-21 – “Investissements d’Avenir” project of the Ministry of Higher Education, Research and Innovation: blended learning in higher education
2019-20 – Investissements d’Avenir” project of the Ministry of Higher Education, Research and Innovation: Educational and technological transformation
- Develop an interface for fine-tuning the monitoring of individual student activity based on the collected activity traces. A dashboard presenting indicators from Learning analytics will be proposed to teachers in order to evaluate their students’ work.
- Connect LabNbook with Moodle, the most widely used teaching platform in European higher education institutions.
2017-20 – “IDEX-formation” Programme of the Université Grenoble Alpes
Selected by the “IDEX-formation” programme, LabNbook is in a large-scale test phase: over the 2017-18 year, 1,500 students used the platform in 22 different courses at Université Grenoble Alpes and Grenoble-INP. Our bet is that educational technology can be a catalyst for pedagogical transformation and innovation. LabNbook will thus contribute to the renewal of the courses at Université Grenoble Alpes.
Especially our goals are:
- to widely spread the platform in Grenoble’s higher education institutions,
- to accompany teachers and students in the adoption process of the platform,
- to stabilize the platform, improve it and implement new functionalities corresponding to the users’ needs,
- to evaluate the potential of LabNbook as a support for courses that practice active learning,
- to evaluate the potential of LabNbook as a means of pedagogical transformation for courses that practice more traditional instruction methods.
2017-19 – “Guidance” project – “Institut Carnot de l’Education”
The “Institut Carnot de l’éducation” (ICé) is a cooperation network between educational teams and researchers, with the mission of promoting innovative educational practices in the classroom. The Guidance project was conducted jointly by the LabNbook team and science teachers from four high schools in Lyon and Grenoble.
The synthesis of the project was presented in 2019 at the ICé-Aura closing seminar in Lyon. Here is an extract from the report written by the teachers:
“Guidance success is based on the diversity of implemented activities (disciplines, settings and school public), the teachers’ commitment and the structuring support provided by the LabNbook team. The teachers’ projects were based on a constructivist approach aiming at skills acquisition through the students’ involvement in high-level cognitive activities. The issues were motivation, acquisition of scientific and experimental skills, autonomy, management of heterogeneity and school or social diversity. LabNbook offers a support for a differentiated guidance of students’ activity, with fading as they acquire autonomy; the support is ensured both by the numerical support and by the teacher who can thus devote himself to the individualized tutoring of the students. Based on the implemented pedagogical activities, the collective reflection resulting from the project leads to a teachers training programme.”